- “ Each year there are also many guest speakers to inspire you and extend your learning.”
- The way science and physics is heading nowadays is really exciting. We are constantly finding out more about the world we live in. A career in physics would allow me to discover more about where we come from and try to increase my understanding of the universe. Our teachers are very welcoming if you need help with a topic that you don't understand. They will take time out of their schedule to aid you and share their experience with you. Each year there are also many guest speakers to inspire you and extend your learning.
- Physics at Millfield
- Academic Visual Tour
When I play the piano I feel like I am in a different place. It helps me relax and forget about anything else that may be on my mind. I also play the violin and take part in the School Orchestra and String Orchestra which perform each term at the end of term concert. Currently I am working with three other pianists on ‘Hungarian Rhapsody’, which is a piece written for two pianos and eight hands. This is a really fun piece to play and when we all come together it will be a real spectacle. I have undertaken piano exams from grade 1-7 and am currently working on grade 8.
As a Music Scholar I get tuition during the week on both instruments to hone my technique and work on the pieces that I'm learning. The teaching staff are very good at helping balance my schedule so I can continue to pursue my musical interests.
- Musical performances
- Millfield Music Scholarships
- Millfield Arts Visual Tour
- “Currently I am working with three other pianists on ‘Hungarian Rhapsody’, which is a piece that is written for two pianos and eight hands.”
- "In the off-season I enjoy pushing myself in training to improve my technique and increase my speed."
- In the off-season I enjoy pushing myself in training to improve my technique and increase my speed so that in the summer I can race and compete against the top athletes in the country. One of my favourite moments in athletics was competing for the county in Gateshead's International Stadium at the National Championships. As a hurdler it has been amazing to have been coached by a former Olympian. I have learnt a lot about how hard I can push myself on the track and in the gym which has really helped my athletic development.
- Millfield Athletics
- Millfield Sports video
- I have been brought up in Glastonbury and have been at Millfield since I was 2 years old.
- The opportunities that the school offers are amazing. Millfield offers a wide range of activities, which for me means I also play for the 1st team at rugby and sing in the choir. The friendly atmosphere and competitive spirit at Millfield makes it the perfect place for me to pursue my dreams.
- For more information about being a day pupil