Welcome to Millfield Senior School
Millfield is an amazing place! From its foundation in 1935 through to the present day the school has inspired generations of pupils to immerse themselves in academic study, cultural and sporting endeavours to express their intellectual, creative and physical potential. The school has enabled independent minded pupils to develop confidence and maturity, making the most of their futures and succeeding in all walks of life.
Sitting at the forefront of our ethos is our belief in the goodness of young people, the importance of conversation and care within the school community; secure in the challenges that Millfield provides:
- A rich learning community where aspiring to excellence in each domain; academic, co-curricular and sport, is the norm
- Richness of relationships and the power of conversation; creating connectedness, memories and friendships that can last a lifetime
- Respect for the quiet confidence of those less forthright yet committed to achieve
- Outstanding facilities and small class sizes enable a culture where each pupil is supported by a community of teachers, coaches and houseparents
- Sophisticated use of digital technology for learning where pupils benefit from its use, but equally understand their responsibilities
We all want what is best for our children. I hope that you will enjoy our website's expression of what Millfield offers and I look forward to welcoming you to the school.
Mr Craig Considine, Headmaster