Millfield’s Director of Equestrian, Danny Anholt (FBHS, BHS Chief Examiner, BE Accredited Trainer) and his team of 24 equestrian staff aim to offer the best combined equestrian and academic school environment in Britain.
Our Equestrian Centre is certified to train to Fellowship level in the British Horse Society "Where to Train" register and offers training for the BHSPI as part of the school curriculum.
We are also a BHS Approved Livery Yard and one of very few British schools with equestrian facilities on the campus.
Anyone can ride at Millfield. We have 3 levels of riders;
Full Time Riders – for pupils who have a horse at livery at the stables, or have a Millfield horse on half loan
Sessional Riders – for pupils who wish to take riding lessons throughout the term
Activities – Riding is part of the Millfield Activities Programme (MAP)
Millfield Polo takes place at the picturesque site of Vaux Park, near to the school. Vaux Park offers state-of-the-art polo facilities, with both grass and all-weather pitches and a selection of experienced ponies available for players without their own at livery. Millfield has its own polo pitch which is maintained at the Kingweston campus.
• Stabling for 53 horses combining accommodation in American style barns and traditional stables
• Indoor arena 55m x 25m
• All-weather outdoor arena 50m x 70m and a new outdoor arena 35m x 50m
• 2 sets of BSJA standard show jumps and portable X-C jumps
• Cross-country schooling fences and Derby jumping course
• Off road canter track and access to gallops
• All-weather horse walker and round pen
• Resident yard staff