- “Your days are packed with new experiences and opportunities to take on new challenges.”
Millfield has an amazing Science department which provides me with top quality teaching and facilities. Teaching staff are always ready to assist and encourage my academic development ensuring that I reach my potential.
We also have a programme of speakers who regularly come to the school and talk about elements of science, inspiring and generating ideas for career paths to follow. Already in Year 9 I have had the opportunity to go to Science Live, a science fair with many great speakers including experts like Sir Robert Winston. It was inspirational to hear his talk on fertility research and development. Other lectures have included Daniel Wright talking about the impact of Ebola. Experiences such as these have nurtured my interest in a career in medical research, either in fertility research or in the research and development of new medicines.
- Academic Enrichment at Millfield
- Academic Visual Tour
- Being an Art Scholar allows me to attend lectures and workshops by touring artists of all media. In addition to timetabled Art I also have dedicated Art Scholar time in the studio to experiment with different media, share ideas with other scholars and work on additional pieces. The Art Scholar programme has allowed me the opportunity to enter many competitions including the Big Draw, Saatchi and Black Swan art competitions. It has been really exciting and highly motivating to see my work make it through to the second round of the Black Swan competition. Millfield’s Atkinson Gallery is an incredible facility which regularly hosts exhibitions by artists, both at professional and amateur levels.
- “The Art Scholar programme has allowed me the opportunity to enter many competitions including the Big Draw, Saatchi and Black Swan art competitions.”
- Art Scholarships at Millfield
- Art at Millfield
- Millfield Arts Visual Tour
- “The level of coaching is very high and there is a real pride associated with wearing a Millfield jersey.”
- I have enjoyed rugby for as long as I can remember, everything from the team spirit to the physical challenge, the thrill of winning to the lessons learnt in losing. It provides me with a physical outlet and a channel for my competitive nature. I was fortunate to be part of the fantastic Millfield team that won the Prep Schools National Rosslyn Park tournament. Since coming to Millfield I have been honoured to captain the U14 Rugby Union and U14 Rugby 7s teams. Both teams have enjoyed much success, especially the sevens team which remain undefeated. Our recent tour to Portugal really cemented the team bond. Millfield has a strong history of rugby and this comes through in every training session which we have three times a week. Our training sessions are backed up with strength and conditioning in the gym. The level of coaching is very high and there is a real pride associated with wearing a Millfield jersey.
- Millfield Rugby
- Art at Millfield
- Millfield Rugby video
- I joined Millfield in Year 7 as a day boy. I enjoy the mix of people, we are a community made up of many nations and backgrounds creating a unique environment. School life is exciting, your days are packed with opportunities to take on new challenges such as the Ten Tors which I completed this year as part of the Nine at Millfield programme.
I have piano lessons, and recently joined the Year 9 band playing the clarinet. The Music department has fabulous facilities, with many practice rooms and the Johnson Hall which is an amazing 350 seated concert hall to perform in.
I enjoy the amount and level of sport at Millfield, there are so many teams to be involved with for all abilities. In addition to rugby I am also involved in athletics where I throw the discus and have had success at national level, I plan to also try out the javelin this year.
- Find out about being a day pupil
- Outdoor Activities
- Nine at Millfield