Campus Developments - Building our Future
Great schools continuously evolve. Millfield's outstanding facilities create an extraordinary campus which has inspired generations of pupils to immerse themselves in academic study, culture and sport to express their intellectual, creative and physical potential. Maintaining this calibre of learning environment has been achieved through the school's continued and significant capital investment, alongside generous donations from the wider Millfield community.
Millfield's vision for campus development is summarised in Millfield 2035, the school's campus masterplan which identifies future needs and priortises campus developments. The key themes for development are:
- To deliver 21st century Teaching and Learning spaces underpinned by 21st century ICT infrastructure
- To enhance and develop high quality boarding and day pupil accommodation
- To provide on campus staff housing that further develops Millfield as a learning community
- To reinforce Millfield sports facilties as the benchmark for the independent sector
- To provide appropriate business administration facilities
- To maximise energy efficiencies in all physical development projects and construction techniques
- To enhance the general infrastructure to faciliate efficient parking, controlled entry and exit routes and roads
Here we outline a recent flagship development; our Equestrian Centre.