Not only does the Business Department look to provide outstanding teaching and learning, but we look to inspire pupils with phenomenal access to business enterprise and enrichment. We provide an innovative environment where our passionate pupils bring their business theory to life.
Our business pupils actively engage with fantastic educational trips, guest speakers, employer workshops, business mentoring and enterprising enrichment. We continue to strive to build upon these excellent foundations to create a dynamic platform for pupils to succeed in the business world. Business Studies complements many other courses and is attractive to employers as the skills learnt are useful in many different careers such as marketing, accountancy, sales and consultancy. It also enables budding entrepreneurs to put their ideas into action by learning how to set up their own business.
The Department is made up of 14 teachers, from a mix of commercial backgrounds, providing a dynamic, interactive learning environment with varied teaching and learning strategies. They inject a huge amount of time and effort to provide numerous opportunities for our pupils.
- GCSE Business
- A level Business
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, in partnership with Peter Jones Enterprise Academy
- BTEC Level 2 Technical in Enterprise, in partnership with Peter Jones Enterprise Academy
Pupils studying Business will have access to lots of extra-curricular activities including:
- Tycoons in School National Competition
- BASE Competition
- Tenner Challenge
- Student Investor Challenge
- Coca-Cola Real Business Challenge
- Business Enterprise Days
- Numerous enterprise Flash Challenges throughout the year
- Launching and running their own businesses
- Business Enterprise Christmas market stalls
We run a number of Business trips throughout the year, including visits to local businesses, Business in Action in London and an international trip to Japan and San Francisco.
The department brings business to life through external speakers and workshops at the school.